What is Magnesium Nitride
If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium nitride, is an inorganic substance with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It belongs to the cluster of cubic crystals. At temperatures of room temperature, the pure magnesium nutride is a color of yellow and green However, magnesium nitride that has some magnesium oxide particles is grayish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium nutride is 100.95g/mol. Density is 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium nitride is completely dissolved in acid and water, however, it is partially dissolvable in the ethanol and ether.
The melting point of magnesium is 1500 degrees. Magnesium, like other metal nitrides, reacts with water to form ammonia. Often used as a catalyst. React with acid and aqueous nonmetallic oxides , forming ammonium salts as well as magnesium salts.
Magnesium nitride is ceramic in nature. Magnesium nitride has high corrosion resistance and greatly enhances productivity. Magnesium nitride has also high thermal conductivity, aswell having a high resistance to corrosion and resistance to temperature. Magnesium Nitride is of additional significance as it's used as a catalyst creation of boron nitrogen.
What Do You Use Magnesium Nitride For?
1. A catalyst used to make the nitride out of other elements that have high hardness as well as high thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and very high-temperature resistance. In the first successful chemical synthesis of cubic-boron nitride its catalyst was magnesium Nitride.
2. Useful for high strength steel melting additives. Magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) is a substitute for desulphurized magnesium in construction steel melts, which is helpful in increasing the density strength that, tension and bearing capacity of steel. In addition, the process of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurization can reduce the amount of additives, which can help reduce the production cost of construction steel;
3. Used to prepare special ceramic materials;
4. for the manufacture of a particular alloy foaming agent;
5. Special glass is made for the purpose of manufacturing;
6. For crosslinking with catalytic polymers
7. For the recycling of nuclear waste
How to Make Magnesium Nitride?
At present, the main preparation methods of magnesium nitride include direct reaction method for magnesium powder using nitrogen, method of reaction of carbon with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow the method of magnesium coil explosion in nitrogen atmosphere the low pressure chemical gas as a complementary product method, self propagating high temperature synthesis procedure, nano magnesium nitride synthesis technique and many more.
Recently, G. Soto et al. created amorphous magnesium nitride film featuring different Mg:N ratios Si substrates in a nitrogen-based molecular environment through an application of pulsed lasers. These methods hinder their industrial production due to expensive costs, long processes complicated equipment operation or low yield of magnesium Nitride.
The direct reaction of magnesium powder with nitrogen is of industrial benefits, the process of magnesium powder requires higher reaction temperature and longer response time. In addition, the shape of the particles is not clear and easy to agglomerate, which does not meet requirements for industrial quality. The decomposition of NH3 may be accomplished into Nbreaking bonds faster than N2 and H2 decomposed may hinder the formation of MgO. As such, ammonia gas could be used as the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. used ammonia liquid as a nitrogen source to prepare magnesium nitride by direct the nitriding process of magnesium powder. The following conclusions can be drawn: From a thermodynamic study, liquid ammonia might react with magnesium powder more readily than nitrogen, resulting in magnesium nitride; High quality magnesium nitride powder that has excellent purity and uniform particles can be produced at 600 degrees Celsius and in ammonia-based atmosphere for 1h, then heated to 800, ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min as well as the nitriding period of 1 hour.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Supplier
We are a trusted chemical material supplier worldwide and manufacturer, with over 12 years of experience providing high-end chemicals and nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powders, zinc sulfur, calcium nitride 3D printing powder and many more.
If you're interested in top-quality Mg3N2 powder contact us today. reach us via email and submit an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)